"PARROT of the YEAR" Competition Rules
1. Theme of the Competition is the selection of "The Parrot of the Year" among the photos submitted by Competition Participants by publishing them on the Parrot Shop Facebook page.
2. The Organizer of the Competition and the prize funder is the Parrot Shop located in Warsaw, 149 Czerniakowska Street which belongs to the company Center of Exotism, 44a, Trakt Napoleonski Str., 04-809 Warsaw, Poland.
3. The Competition is carried on in the Facebook service on the Parrot Shop Facebook page (URL address: http://facebook.com/sklepzpapugami).
4. There are no age limits for Participants. The Competition is open to Participants around the world.
5. The period of the Competition is unlimited. Preliminary contest of each edition runs one calendar year*. The final competition of each particular year is at the beginning of the next year.
PRINCIPLES AND THE COURSE OF THE COMPETITION
6. In order to take part in the Competition a Participant must:
a) have a fan status on the Parrot Shop profile on Facebook (http://facebook.com/sklepzpapugami)
b) read the rules of the Competition
c) publish a parrot photo on the Parrot Shop Facebook page
d) add the name of the parrot or photo title and an inform that the photo is submitted to the Competition.
7. Submissions containing any insulting and obscene content, elements of advertising or photos that involve putting any animal in danger will be disqualified and the user who published them will be banned.
8. In the preliminary "Parrott of the Year" Competition each month the "Parrot of the Month" will be selected.
9. Each month a participant can publish any number of parrots' photos on the Parrot Shop Facebook page. If a Participant is not a photo author, he/she must have its authors consent to use it (see point 13 of Rules). A parrot presented on the photo does not need to be owned by a Participant.
10. The "Parrot of the Month" title will be awarded to a parrot whose photo will score the highest number of "likes" added by Facebook users within the current month. When picking the "Parrot of the Month", "likes" of various photos of the same parrots do not accumulate. The "Parrot of the Month" will be announced on the Parrot Shop Facebook page and on PAPUGI.com.pl. The photo which won must not be published again. However, a Participant can publish again, in subsequent months, a photo which has not won in previous months or years or a new photo of the same parrot. The same parrot can become the "Parrot of the Month" several times within one year. However, the number of "likes" gained by "Parroths of the Months" will not influence the score of the "Parrot of the Year". Only the number of "likes" gained in the final voting will determine the choice of the "Parrot of the Year".
11. After the end of the calendar year a list of winners of particular months will be published by the Organizer on the Parrot Shop Facebook page. "Parrot of the Year" will become a parrot which photo (or photos of particular months) will gain the biggest number "likes" within 30 days from the publishing date and 1 day is counted as 24 hours which elapsed from the publishing time. "Likes" of various photos of the same parrot in the final picking "Parrot of the Year" do accumulate! The Competition score will be announced on the Parrot Shop Facebook page and on PAPUGI.com.pl.
12. The winner of the "Parrot of the Year" Competition will get a prize from the Parrot Shop, which is a set consisting of the basic parrot food, cage flooring, ecological perch and a parrot toy - adjusted to the species of the parrot on the photo. The prize is awarded for the photo and its size does not depend on the number parrots on the photo. The prize must be collected in the Parrot Shop. Before collecting the prize a Participant is obliged to contact the Organizer by phone (+48 22 841 18 30) or by e-mail (email@example.com). Prizes are not shipped. The prize should be collected by the end of the year in which the competition result was announced.
13. By publishing a photo on the Parrot Shop Facebook page each Participant:
a) warrants that the photo submitted is his/her own original work and, as such, he/she is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the photo. And if the photo is not his/her own work, the Participant warrants that its author agrees to its publication and submission to the Competition;
b) agrees to use and distribute by the Organizer his/her image and his/her children images who are taken on the photo and if other persons are taken on the photo a Participant warrants that they agreed to use and distribute their images and images of their parrots;
c) Participants below the age of 18 warrant that they have obtained consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to enter and compete;
d) warrants to the best of its knowledge that the videos contain no libellous or other unlawful statements, and does not infringe on the rights of others;
e) grants to the Organizer a non-exclusive, toll-free, worldwide right and licence to use his/her photos in conjunction with computer systems and/or programs including reproductions in whole or in part or publications in all media, as well as to incorporate the photo into one or more collective works, and to reproduce and publish the works in all media and to authorise reproduction of the photos by others without time-limit;
f) in case of being awarded Participant agrees to photo or/and video documentation of his/her person when collecting the prize and to using the materials for promotional purposes of the Organizer.
14. The organizer does not cover any taxes due on the grounds of the awarded prize.
15. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any non-culpable technical problems with submissions of the competition materials.
16. This Competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any company associated with Facebook. Facebook is neither legally nor financially responsible for any claims of Participants, connected with their participation in the Competition.
17. By entering the Competition a Participant assents to obey the provisions of these Rules.
* Preliminary competition of the 2014 edition run from the announcement date, e.g. from May 5, 2014 until December 31, 2014. In 2014 there are no "Parrots of January, February, March and April".